We currently have a Vacancy for a childcare assistant in our Tiny Tots room. The contracted will be for around 16 hours a week.
please see below the job Description
Job Title: Childcare Assistant
Responsible to: Manager of Tutbury Pre-School
Responsible for: Providing high quality education and care
Planning and Managing Workload
1. Assist in cirriculum planning and implement.
2. Set up playrooms daily, and to tidy away at the end of the day.
1. Be a role model, acting repsonsibly at all times.
2. Be a Key Worker, liaising closely with parents and carers to ensure each child’s needs are recognised & met.
3. Ensure team members are kept up to date by sharing knowledge and attending staff meetings.
1. Participate in training & development within agreed time periods.
2. Participate when applicable in the induction and training of new members of the team.
Policies, Procedures and Health & Safety
1. Participate in the update and review of policies and procedures.
2. Ensure appropriate Health and Saftey Guidelines are adhered to at all times.
3. Ensure all Tutbury Pre-School Policies and Procedures are adhered to at all times.
4. Ensure any Child Protection issues are reported to the Manager immediately.
1. Interact with the committee, Ofsted and other professionals as and when appropriate.
2. Ensure cirriculum observations are made and documented according to Early Years and Ofsted guidelines.
3. Create and sustain a customer focus environment ensuring expectations and requirements are met.
4. Report any defects in the building to the Manager in a timely fashion.
Job Description: Childcare Assistant
1. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
2. Ability to complete records accurately and with sufficient detail.
3. Be flexible in respect to tasks & hours.
1. Previous experience within a Pre-School/ Early Years setting.
2. NVQ 2 and NVQ 3 in childcare.