News and Dates for your diary
Welcome back from half term. We are going to try and make this term as normal as possible. Could I ask all parents now it is getting colder warm clothes and warm coats, wellies, hats and gloves all with names in please. Our last day of term is Friday 18th December.
When Dropping off or picking up your child could you please scan our QR code for track and trace.
We are trying to find different ways of fund raising as we are not able to hold a disco or Christmas party. I am hopefully trying to sort out a raffle and a football blackout card for later in the term.
Dates for your diary……
· The photographer will be at Preschool on Thursday 12th November from 10am. She will be bringing 2 different back grounds with her. One background is a Christmas design and the other is plain white. All children and siblings are welcome to attend as she is here all morning. We will be following all covid restrictions.
If it is not your child’s day to attend Pre-school you are able to book a time slot.
· We would normally be holding our Maths workshop for our Rising stars parents in November. This workshop is designed to show parents how we encourage children to develop their maths skills in every area of learning. However this year we are not able to have parents in setting. To overcome this, we have booklets and a presentation that will be emailed out to risers parents.
Sunday 8th November
· Remembrance Day Parade. Due to Covid-19 there will not be a remembrance parade. However Preschool will be laying a wreath at Tutbury church at 12.00.
· Tuesday 10th November there is a committee meeting on Zoom at 7.30pm. If you would like to join the committee, please speak to caroline.
· With the help of the Crafty Café in Tutbury we will be holding a paint a pot week commencing Monday 16th November. If you would like your child to paint a pot please complete the order form and send it back to preschool with the payment. If you would like the pot personalising there is no extra charge for this.
· Our Christmas party will be held on Monday 14th December from 10:30 am till 1.00pm. All preschool children are invited even if it is not their session. The children will not need any lunch as we will provide food and entertainment. There will be no charge for this and there will be no afternoon session. (All children will be in their own bubbles)
· This year our Christmas play is the nativity. As with everything this year this will be completed in a different way.
Each bubble Red, Pink and Yellow will be learning 2-3 songs from the nativity over the next few weeks. We will then turn our outdoor classroom into a nativity scene. The children will then perform their songs outdoors (Due to covid restrictions). I will record each bubbles songs and hopefully put it all together and send the finished recording out to parents.
I will need signed consent from every parent to complete the recording. (letter to follow)
We are now taking your session allocations for January. You can check our website for session availability and much more at www.tutburypreschool.com